- Primary navigation
- Create an output
- Add evidence
- Highlight an evidence media file
- Add a creative work or output to the research output page
- Re-arrange media files on the research output page
- A Research Output is a collection of media files that represent the creative work or portfolio.
- The Research Statement includes the fields for the 250-word research statement and Notes. This page also displays other fields requested by the ERA including author, publisher, date etc. This makes it easier for the peer assessor by having all the data fields easily accessible.
- Edit Output Details is a section that allows you to edit all the data and metadata fields required by the ERA for your Output.
- A Media file is an image, audio, video or text file.
- A Highlight is a region of a Media file. For example, a video file might have a particular scene highlighted.
- Evidence is a collection of Media files and Highlights that support the knowledge claims of the research statement. Each piece of Evidence has a title and description of how these files relate to the output. For example, an audio file with the chorus highlighted and a musical score with the same chorus highlighted could be grouped together in a piece of Evidence titled "About the Chorus" with an explanation for the connection.
To create an Output please follow these simple steps.
- Go to http://www.supanova.org.au and log in. The login area is located on the right side of the page.
- Click the Add New Output link found on the page you first visit when logging in. This page will also list any other Outputs that have been entered on that login by your University.
- Fill in the form with as much detail as you can collect at this stage. However only the title of the project is required to begin.
- Press the Save button at the foot of the form. This will save the project and take you to the Research Statement overview. You can continue to edit the overview by pressing the Edit Research statement button.
How do I add Evidence?
- To add media to the project you must create a new Evidence.
- To add evidence to the research statement, click the Add New Evidence button from the Research Statement. You can create as many evidence pages as you like to organise your media.
- Fill in the form with as much detail as you can. However only the title is required to begin. Media files will be added in the next step
- Press the Save button at the foot of the form. This will take you to the Evidence page where you can upload media files, create highlights in them and include a title and supporting text.
- Press the Add new media button on the Evidence page. On the following page press the browse button.
- The media browser window will then display. You have the option to either select a file to upload from your computer, or select a media item you have already uploaded via the Library, or My files tab on the top right.
- Once you have selected the file press Attach on the File browser and Save.
How to highlight a media file in the Evidence Section
- To add a Highlight to the media file you have added, press the Edit button beneath the file preview.
- To Highlight a region of an image drag a box with the cursor on top of the image and press save.
- To Highlight a region of a video or audio you can drag the In and Out markers at the appropriate points.
How to add your creative work or output to the research output pageClick on select /edit creative work option in blue.
- Click on Select /edit creative work option in blue.
- On the following page press the Browse button.
- The media browser window will then display. You have the option to either click Choose file to upload from your computer or select a media item you have already uploaded via the Library or My files tab on the top right.
- Once you have selected the file, press Attach on the File browser and Save.
- Complete any of the data that relates to the media file, such as the title and co-creators.
- Click Save.
How do I re-arrange my media in the Research Output page?
- Click on the Research Statement tab.
- Click onthe Select /edit creative work option in blue.
- Drag the media files by clicking your mouse on the move icon located at the left of the image.
- Move your media files into the output you require and press Save.